The village was first mentioned in 791 under the name of Hetannesloh, and was called Hettenslah in the 15th century. In the 15th century, the village was abolished and its ban joined that of Weckolsheim. The site was resettled at the end of the 18th century. In 1824, the village became an independent commune.
Monuments : Church of the Presentation of the Virgin (1847), Stele of Mgr S. Herscher (1931)