Before the Revolution, the town of Les Baux was the centre of both Royal and seigneurial jurisdiction, whose seat was for a long time located in this building, built in 1499. It is where justice was served in the name of the sovereign. This building is now home to the Les Baux-de-Provence Tourist Office. The rampart against which the buildings were built was cut through in the 19th century to allow the opening of the current entrance to the town.